Today I’m privileged to interview/collaborate with Maryam Salam of the Blogger’s Point (here) !!!!!!
She is someone I really admire soo much, not only is she very knowledgeable and very hardworking, she is also a very beautiful person inside and out, with amazing style. We recently met up for Brunch but ended up doing a shoot (check out her Instagram post/caption on how we met, she definitely tells it better 😂😂😂). I must say it felt like we already knew each other before, everything was just very natural. In terms of the outfit i love that we both styled it in our own way, there was no pressure to emulate anything else other than being ourselves.
We really didn’t want a write up that seemed very forced, so we decided to ask each other some questions (so like a get to know kind of thing). I asked Maryam questions about life in general and blogging, for details on her outfit check out her blog (here) and also for my interview as well.
Here are the details for my look;
Trouser- Tailor made/ Blazer- Primark /White shirt – Primark /Purse – Primark/Heels- Newlook/ Shades – Aldo
1. What movie/series can you watch over and over again ?
2. What is one goal you would like to accomplish by the end of this year?
Finish my masters degree with an excellent grade. Definitely, that is at the top of my 2018 goals.
3. What motivates you? What keeps you going even when things are really hard?
Firstly, God. The fact that I am a believer motivates me because I believe not everyone is priviledge, blessed or lucky enough to actually believe in God and know there is that almighty that sort things out for you regardless.
Secondly, my family. My siblings motivate me to be the best version of myself and just their grind alone too motivates me to do better….Hmmm, recently, My boyfriend has been such a great motivator to me. He is that extra energy I need outside of my family. He is always challenging me (In a good way) to do better.
4. What’s your favourite foreign food ?
Nigerian fried rice and plantain (Not Ghanian, Thank you)
5. Popular post that you didn’t think will be a huge deal ? Or post you are most proud of?
Hmmmmm, one post about how I boosted my Instagram followers in 6 weeks. That post did extremely well, upto today, it stays relevant.
6. What’s your favourite tea ?
Ginger and honey tea. I love flavoured tea in general.
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve ?
I can’t stand arrogant people. It’s not cute at all!
8. Most embarrassing moment or awkward moment ?
That time in high school I told this boy that always stared at me that “I liked him”. He said really, nice. I wanted the ground to open so that I can just hide my face, but guess what? The upper year, he started asking me out….Ahahahahaha, girls, there is hope. Hang in there LOL 😂.
9. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Nigeria, Lagos or Abuja to be precise
10. What’s your favourite way of spending your free time?
Netflix and chill alone. I love me some “ME TIME”.
11. When you are having a bad day what do you do to make yourself feel better?
I listen to some nice music or motivational speeches.
12. 3 positive things you tell yourself regularly?
1) Maryam, you can do anything you put your mind to do.
2) You didn’t achieve everything you have yourself. So, trust God on this again.
3) What is the worst that can happen? well now you know, so just prepare your mind and go for it
13. If you could shop for free at any store what one would it be?
Zara, all day.
All images were shot by @nizzah (Instagram) you can check out his work.
Hope you enjoyed this blog post (because I did 😀), let me know if you would like to see more posts like this 👀.